Spain Work Visa

Enquiry Form

Trusted Visa Company

  • MCA Approved
  • Under Top 10 Genuine Immigration Consultancy in New Delhi India
Spain Demographics

  • Capital: Madrid
  • Dialing code: +34
  • Currency: Euro
  • Population: 46.44 million (2019)
  • Language spoken: Spanish, Galician, Basque,English
  • Population growth rate: 0.2% annual change (2017)
  • Gross domestic product: 1.311 trillion USD (2017)
  • GDP per capita: 28,156.82 USD (2017)
Cost of Living in Spain


  • Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage: 116.82 €
  • 1 min. of Prepaid Mobile: 0.16 €
  • Internet 60 Mbps or More: 40.88 €


  • One-way Ticket(Local Transport): 1.40 €
  • Monthly Pass(Regular Price): 42.35 €
  • Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 3.13 €
  • Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 1.06 €
  • Taxi 1hour Waiting: 20.18 €
  • Gasoline (1 liter): 1.28 €
  • Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline: 19,000.00 €
  • Toyota Corolla 1.6l 97kW Comfort: 19,587.61 €


  • Apartment (1 bedroom) in City: 635.68 €
  • Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside: 480.05 €
  • Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City: 1,010.20 €
  • Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside: 738.89 €

Food & Drink

  • Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 10.00 €
  • Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle): 1.70 €
  • Water (0.33 liter bottle): 1.15 €
  • Milk (regular), (1 liter): 0.76 €
  • Rice (white), (1kg): 0.95 €
  • Eggs (regular) (12): 1.63 €
  • Local Cheese (1kg): 8.95 €
Spain Work Visa

Most of the foreign professionals who want to work in Spain need to have received previously a Work Permit. On the other hand, some professionals need not this permit. Please, check the information on the Residence Visa with Work Permit Exemption to know which professionals need not the Work Permit.

What is a Work and Residence Permit?

A Work and Residence Permit is issued by the Labour Authorities in Spain. A work permit relates to a specific person and a specific job. The Work and Residence Permit lets employers in Spain recruiting people from outside the European Union (EU). EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland citizens need not any permit or visa to work in Spain.

How do I apply for a Work and Residence Permit?

You cannot apply directly for a work permit. The employer in Spain who wants to employ you must do this. The employer should contact the Immigration Office

As soon as you receive the Work and Residence Permit (fax is also accepted) from your employer you can apply in person for a Work Visa. IMPORTANT! Once the work permit is notified to your employer, you have one month to apply for the visa. After this deadline applications will not be accepted.

Hot Occupation List

  • Hospitality
  • Engineer Professional

Eligibility Criteria

  • Must be a valid passport holder
  • Should be 18 years above
  • Minimum Graduate Mandatory
  • 1 years of minimum exp mandatory
  • Degree / Diploma Mandatory

Minimum Salary Wage:

  • 1000 to 2000 Euro /Month (Minimum)
  • Per week hrs of work - You work for 40 hrs/week


  • Experience Letter
  • Education Certificate
  • Passport
  • ITR
  • Rest all your documentation manager shall guide you.
Assessment Form

How to apply for the work visa?

Please submit the ‘Application for a National Visa’ form and present it along with the required documents. Application form must be signed and submitted in person. Every document must be in Spanish or officially translated into Spanish or English. Documents in Chinese will be also accepted as long as they are officially translated into Spanish or English. Applicants might be invited for an interview concerning the visa application.

Working hours: Visa application submission and collection from 9am to 1pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.

Where should I apply for a Visa?

Only Hong Kong/Macao residents can apply for a visa at the Consulate General of Spain in Hong Kong. Residents in the People’s Republic of China should apply at our Consulate General in Beijing, Guangzhou or Shanghai depending on their residence.

Requirements to be completed by applicants: (Original and 1 copy of every document is needed)

  • 1 form ‘Application for a National Visa’ duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
  • 1 recent color photograph, 26-35 mm width and 32-45 mm height, with white background.
  • Passport of the applicant which must be valid for at least 120 days, including photocopies of all pages
  • Hong Kong / Macao ID card.
  • Work and Residence Permit (Autorización de Residencia inicial y Trabajo por cuenta ajena) issued by the Ministry of Labour (Ministerio de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales). As stated above, no more than 1 month should elapse between the day in which the approval is notified to your employer and the day you apply for the visa.
  • Copy of the employment contract submitted and stamped by the Spanish Immigration Department (Oficina de Extranjería).
  • Certificate of No Criminal Conviction from every country that the applicant has lived in the last 5 years. Hong Kong Police Department:
    • Macao Direcçao dos Serviços de Identificaçao: no letter of request is needed. Certificates of No Criminal Conviction issued in other countries must be legalised, i.e. the Clearance Certificate issued in Philippines must be legalised by the Consulate General of Spain in Manila.
  • Medical certificate1 : Letter typed on doctor’s stationery stating that you do not suffer from any of the diseases which need quarantine under the International Health Regulation 2005. It has also to state which tests were done and their results

Please note that the Consulate General reserves the right to request additional documents

Processing Time and Fees

A work visa application shall be decided on within 1 month of the date of the lodging of a complete application. The current visa fee ranges over 500 to 600 HKS and must be settled in cash upon application. Fees are non-refundable, regardless of the decision taken about your visa application.

Once the applicant collects the visa:

  • The worker must enter into Spain during the validity of the visa (3 months). The work visa allows to enter and to stay in Spain.
  • The worker must be registered into the Social Security System (afiliación, alta y posterior cotización) within 3 months after he/she enters into Spain. Within 1 month from the registration into the Social Security System the worker must apply in person for an ID card (Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero) at the Oficina de Extranjería or the Police Station (Comisaría de Policía) where he resides.
  • Register as resident (empadronarse) at the city hall.